Cook the Book Fridays – Green Beans with Snail Butter

I only made half a pound of string beans, but definitely made all of the garlic butter because garlic. And butter. Yum! It made me think back to when I was a kid and we grew string beans in our backyard garden in Queens, way before urban gardening was a thing. There is nothing quite like fresh, sun-warmed veggies right out of the garden.

I love the little squeeze of lemon at the end… it really brightens up all of the flavors. The only sad thing is that the green beans don’t hold the garlic and parsley too well, so tonight I made the garlic butter with broccoli, which holds all of the flavor bits in its florets. The even better part is how quick this is to make, which is perfect for a night where I have meetings running late.

This entry was posted in My Paris Kitchen | David Lebovitz, Sides and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Cook the Book Fridays – Green Beans with Snail Butter

1. This is delicious, even though I’ve forgotten to add the lemon juice! Love it, great as a side dish with any meal!

2. Emily says:

Looking great! The snail butter is great with any vegetables, and especially broccoli!

3. Oh I agree about the beans not holding the butter very well – and yes! Broccoli would be wonderful with this!

4. Like the idea of a broccoli with snail butter. That’s another winner!

5. hawley32 says:

I love the idea of broccoli ! Great thought

These were yummy. I hope to try that butter/garlic sauce on broccoli soon, it was so good. I agree with you on a backyard garden, I grew up in Staten Island and my Mom grew so many things back then. So fresh and delicious.

7. dulceshome says:

So happy you enjoyed these! I agree, the lemon really adds a pop! Not a hit at my house, which is hard to believe because of garlic! And butter!! 😊

8. YES. broccoli with snail butter does sound fabulous and I totally agree about the green beans not holding the toppings!

I didn’t mind that the beans didn’t hold the garlic and butter well – it meant I had lots leftover! These were so good and I think using the butter with broccoli sounds brilliant.

I loved this butter. I served it on asparagus and now I can’t wait to try it on broccoli.