Cook the Book Fridays- Scalloped Potatoes with Blue Cheese and Garlic

I would like to be gluttonous and just grab a giant spoon and eat these scalloped potatoes alone. That roasted garlic! The blue cheese! THE CREAM!! Swoon. my doctor has me on paleo five days a week, but I was lucky enough to enjoy this during my last off day.

It is noted that David advised serving these potatoes with a green salad. Salad is overrated. I served these with a sous vide lamb chop. Too divine. All the lusciousness!

Last note… For those that might be concerned about the blue cheese being too strong, do not be. If you would like to make these (and I very strongly advise adding these to your Thanksgiving table), you may find the recipe here. Be prepared to see these scooped up!

This entry was posted in My Paris Kitchen | David Lebovitz, Sides and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Cook the Book Fridays- Scalloped Potatoes with Blue Cheese and Garlic

1. Emily says:

I am glad you enjoyed it so! Looks luscious!

2. Contrary to conventional thinking, I agree with you that the blue cheese is not too strong. A big spoon works for me too. I didn’t think I’d enjoy the gratin as much as I did.

Thanks God I cut the recipe in half, it is too good to have around. Seriously, it was wonderful and on the list of repeats.

4. Your dish looks creamy and delicious! We had this with salad greens, and it helps to balance off some of that rich creamy taste! We enjoyed this for lunch!

5. dulceshome says:

I was very pleased with how balanced the flavors were – as much as I love blue cheese, sometimes it can be overpowering in some dishes – so I was happy with my choice. Yours look amazing!! I too could do that – a big spoonful is so tempting.

Everything about this was delicious! We ate it with a sous vide turkey thigh. Sous vide is the best!

7. I am totally with you about the spoon. I am not normally greedy when it comes to food but I would devour this without hesitating haha!

8. Yes, this stuff is so good!! And I agree about the blue cheese. I love it, but it can even be too much for me sometimes and it’s very mellow in this dish. Good luck with paleo! I’ve eaten that way about 75% of the time by choice and I don’t get sick as often with all those veggies. My favorite cookbook author/blogger is Mel Joulwan (meljoulwan.com and author of the Well Fed series of books) and she largely covers Whole 30 appropriate recipes and mostly avoids all those dessert ones…if it helps.

These would be wonderful with a nice lamb chop. I took David’s advice about the salad – the advantage is that it leaves you with lots of room for more scalloped potatoes!

10. hawley32 says:

I loved this too, but will parboil my potatoes first when I repeat (thanksgiving?)