Tuesdays With Dorie -Pear Tart with Crunchy Almond Topping

I feel like I haven’t done much in the way of these cookbook challenges. Life has been chaotic, and I feel like one day rushes into another. There were a few weeks where I just threw my hands in the air and said “screw it!”.

Side note, I am nearly at my edge for fruit tarts. I am sure you are all about ready to disown me, but am really wanting some chocolaty and/or cakey desserts. Just non-fruity. I am over fruit in desserts for the moment!

Perhaps it was because I am not in the mood for fruit, that neither I or my husband really cared that much for this tart. I am only so-so with pears in the first place (I have always thought them a little bland), and was hopeful that the additives to the pears (rum, caramelization) would amp up the flavor, but I was still disappointed. Well, you can’t win them all, right? It wasn’t all a loss though… I did enjoy eating the raw dough scraps. That is ALWAYS delicious!

This entry was posted in Baking, Baking Chez Moi | Dorie Greenspan, Dessert and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Tuesdays With Dorie -Pear Tart with Crunchy Almond Topping

I do think you need to like pears to like this tart. At least there was tart dough…

2. Nicole @ The 2nd 35 Years says:

Yeah I am sort of over fruit at the moment. I would really have to be craving it to switch it up! Doesn’t have to be chocolate per se… just not fruit! Lol (first world problems)

3. I didn’t love it either…I used apples instead of the pears and they were great on their own.

Nicole you are cracking me up! I’m not fond of pears either and missed quite a few recipes because… life! The crust is always my favorite too.

5. Ryan says:

Your tart looks great! Sorry you’re over fruit tarts…I really loved the crunchy topping on this one!

Oh no! It’s a shame you did not care for it because your tart is beautiful.

We are definitely getting closer to the season for chocolate and custard and citrus, for sure. I’m looking forward to making this tart some time, though – I haven’t finished with fall fruit yet! And as for keeping up with the groups, I’ve reconciled myself with joining in when I can. There aren’t enough dessert eaters in my life at the moment to justify baking quite as often as I’d need to…

Cholate and custard and citrus oh my! I am on paleo 5 days of the week (doc’s orders) so i eat what i can, leave some for the hubs, and take the rest to work. But i agree… i feel guilty if i miss a day, and i have to let that go.

Sorry to hear you are all over fruit. Vote for all chocolate next time and I will follow. We loved this tart and I do like pears but I can see how this would not go over if you didn’t love pears.

9. approachingfood says:

I’m definitely a chocolate person too! But this tart really is calling my name. Maybe I should add some chocolate to it, when I make it? 🙂