Cook the Book Fridays – Raw Veg Slaw

Ok. So mine looks like a basic salad.

We had gone down to Palm Beach over the weekend to visit my sister in law’s family, and we didn’t get back until Sunday afternoon, and just then had to go grocery shopping. I didn’t make this until Tuesday, which was also the day where the Blogilates calendar required what felt like a million plank position cardio exercises. By the time I got to making this I was in a “give zero f***s” sort of mood and so this is what it turned out like. I should have used the shred function on my Cuisinart if I’d even wanted to lift it out of the pantry with my wrecked arms and shoulders.

I used romaine because we had extra in the house, plus carrots, radishes, and Granny Smith apples. The salad dressing… omg. It made so much, and I think I only used a few tablespoons to dress it. It was OK for me, which I can’t distinguish between my mood at the time I made it, or the actual taste. *shrug*

This entry was posted in My Paris Kitchen | David Lebovitz, Sides and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Cook the Book Fridays – Raw Veg Slaw

1. Your basic salad looks every bit as good as a slaw. I know what you mean when you can’t give 100% to your food. We all have days like that. Happy 4th!

The dressing looks great on your salad. I would like to prepare some for an everyday salad,
    it was that tasty to me.

3. I think this is a very versatile dressing that works on salad or slaw!

4. Your salad still looks great in spite of your mood! xx

I can see this dressing working with a basic salad, too. And this dressing does make a huge amount, doesn’t it? We liked if, so it won’t go to waste. The way you felt when you made it reminds me of how I’ve been feeling putting new beds in the garden! Even the back stairs are daunting after that. Hope you enjoy it more when you’re less sore!

Yes, try this again when you’re in a better mood. I really loved this for summer (or anytime).

7. hawley32 says:

Your salad looks pretty and it is a great idea to use this dressing again with a basic salad. I loved it- if you like slaw, try it again.

8. Emily says:

I will take a second helping of your basic salad anytime! Sometimes… things all happen at one go! The sun comes again the next day!

9. I loved the dressing and could see it being used on many salads. Your salad looks lovely!

10. Kitchen Conundrum says:

The recipe did make quite a lot of dressing, but I liked having the leftovers for the week. Your salad looks great! It is very versatile!