Cook The Book Fridays – Artichoke Tapenade with Rosemary Oil

I know. I am, shamefully, more than a week behind on this challenge. It has just been – ugh – the week from hell, which has absolutely just gotten away from me in terms of doing anything beyond worrying about work. Now that the worst has passed and my blood pressure has returned to normal, I thought I would throw together this treat after this afternoon’s wine tastings.

TBH the only time I had artichokes was when I dated a really weird guy. He boiled some artichokes and then we dipped the leaves in ghee, which I know is popular but seems so anticlimactic since only the choke is edible. Now that I know a little about cooking I think, why not pare them down and go to town eating the choke dipped in butter? I don’t know, but this tapenade is a really delightful alternative.

Hubby has gone for a nap, but I may just finish eating this in lieu of making dinner, as I finish up a glass of Dave Phinney’s “Locations” (France). It’s a perfect combination of the edibles I most enjoy… olices, capers, rosemary, olive oil, lemon… and now artichokes. I grabbed a bag of Alfredo pasta chips to serve with this. If I had any company I would have to fight them for this hors d’oeuvre.

This entry was posted in My Paris Kitchen | David Lebovitz, Sides and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Cook The Book Fridays – Artichoke Tapenade with Rosemary Oil

You’re not a week behind, just one day — no worries either way though. Loved this one too. I’ve never seen Alfredo pasta chips, but they look good. Hope next week is calmer for you!

I realized that after I posted… I thought I was because I try to make the recipe a week ahead of the posting so that I can post on time!

2. This was delicious! And yes, I would fight over this too haaha

I this coming week is a better one and I’m glad you had this wonderful dip to help soothe away the stress this weekend. I went over to my parents’ place the day after I made this and it was a struggle to save some so they could taste it!

4. I’m a month behind with TWD…I even have the Matcha Financiers made but haven’t been able to post them yet. This week for sure! Sometimes life just gets in the way!
    Hope work calms down for you.
    This was really a great recipe…I know I will make it quite often. Yours looks mouthwatering.

5. Piebird says:

Hope things settle down into a good next week for you!

6. Emily says:

Here’s wishing you a good week ahead! Your tapenade with the oil looks amazing.

7. Your tapenade looks fabulous! It was a hit in my house too!
    I have missed last months”s bake at TWD too! Lots of catching up to do!

8. haha, that was my first experience with artichokes too. Basically you’re eating butter but is that so bad?
    Cheers to growing in our food knowledge, it’s never a bad thing!

9. Kitchen Conundrum says:

This one was really good! And don’t worry, I usually end up posting on Saturday too! Fridays are tough sometimes!

10. Adriana says:

Pasta chips? I am so missing out!
    And hey, here’s to being a whole week and four recipes late. 😉

11. Mary Hirsch says:

My mother-in-law introduced me to artichokes. I had no idea! I liked everything about it. Scraping the meat off each leaf after dipping in butter. Then, the choke. Mmmmmm I’ve eaten fried baby artichokes in restaurants. Delicious. I always have a jar of grilled artichoke quarters in the fridge and a can like we used for this recipe in my pantry. Comes in handy. I really like this recipe and, like you, ate most of it myself. With a beer! Here’s to a better work week next week.

That sounds so delicious! I actually used jarred grilled artichokes for this… it was the only thing I could find. You sound so passionate about artichokes!

12. Karen says:

Sorry you had a rough week, but at least this was an easy and delicious recipe!

13. Late schmate, it’s all good! It sucks that it was a rough week, but when you cap it off with that wine and this tapenade…it kind of turns your mood around, I imagine. Yeah, this recipe is a total keeper in my book and it sounds like pretty much everyone else’s! I’ve made it now 4 times in the last 2 weeks (and finally used all the rosemary oil I made) and every time that serving dish is virtually licked clean.

Yes, my week was definitely made better by all of the above. I may need to make more of this and give it as gifts to my wine guy. Hooking me up!