Tuesdays With Dorie – Apple Cinnamon Roll Up Tart

I can’t believe it! I nearly forgot to post this today! I guess that is what happens when you start to binge watch Jessica Jones on Netflix… πŸ˜‰

Anyway, I went with the Bon Idee and used apples and raisins and cinnamon instead of the pears and cranberries. I had quite a time with the dough… it totally tore when I was rolling it up. It was everything I could do to patch up the tears, but I still had a massive gash on the side. Who needs venting? Venting is overrated. Not that it tastes any less delicious, mind you, but some of the “juices” did flow out in the baking.

I do so love this dough though. So flaky and delicious! And a delicious tart… perfect with a small scoop of Vanilla Bean Gelato.

This entry was posted in Baking, Baking Chez Moi | Dorie Greenspan, Dessert and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Tuesdays With Dorie – Apple Cinnamon Roll Up Tart

1. C says:

Awesome post! Looks so delicious! πŸ™‚
    Check out my recipe for Baked Apple Chips, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it! http://www.fortheloveofblonde.com

I didn’t notice the bonne idee with this recipe but an apple-raisin-cinnamon filling sounds delicious.

3. Wow I can image how delicious it is! Thanks for sharing!

That looks so good and I’m sure it was delicious with apples and raisins.

5. Ryan says:

Torn or not, your tart looks really delicious! You got a really nice color on your crust!

6. Sounds like you had fun with this bake. That and the delicious tart is everything. You nailed it!

7. I like the colour of your tart, golden and perfectly baked! Apples and raisins sounds good!

8. Yum. Hey, how is Tradewinds getting along? Have you unpacked your stash yet?

9. I feel your pain…I had trouble rolling the dough as well! I am glad we both had success with the tasting of the tart even if the rolling was a pain. πŸ™‚

I am going to have to make the one with apples and raisins too. I made my dough the night before and rolled it too. Then the next day I just got it out fully chilled, filled and rolled. I had some trouble rolling but no tearing. Maybe that would help?

LOL – you did better than me! I did forget to post til Saturday. I agree – this tart may not be a work of art but it tasted wonderful.

12. Vanilla bean gelato sounds amazing, and venting is over-rated! Looks like it was yummy!