WIP Wednesday and an Update On Life

IMG_20150505_220659

Hello! I know I don’t have much to share this week, but I thought I would check in anyway. Late last week my husband had a surgery consultation for his sinuses and septum, and it’s so bad at this point that the date for his surgery was scheduled for THIS Friday! That has lead to a number of things needing to be cared for rather quickly which lead to not a lot of stitching time. On Monday night we were given all of the electronic forms to fill out which questions had everything and anything to answer as possible. Doing it together took about 2.5 hours! Then, although our insurance is luckily covering 90% of the surgery, we needed to figure out how we wanted to pay off the remaining 10% which they will give us no more than 6 months to do (stressful!). So last night I did get some stitching in on the border, but also spent a lot of time cuddling with my doggies. 😇 Oh! And excitingly I have made a few very positive steps toward achieving one of my carry over goals from last year to complete my DAR application, so I am totally stoked about that! Undoubtedly there will be quite a bit of time available to stitch over the weekend since I will be home caring for DH during his immediate surgery recovery.

I do have a few posts up my sleeve though. And my husband is encouraging me to video him as he comes out of surgery to see the funny things he says. You don’t have to ask ME twice! That will probably make its way on here soon since he was a hoot after his hernia surgery. So… We have a Tuesdays with Dorie baking challenge (Nutella Buttons!) coming up, a post on food and memories, and hopefully there will be a video worth posting of my husband post surgery.

Hope you are all doing well out in blogland!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to WIP Wednesday and an Update On Life

  1. GOOD LUCK to your DH and speedy recovery! I hope it isn’t as stressful as it sounds. I will think of you two this weekend as I stitch and sew and hope all is well….will you be sharing the fun video? If so…link please!

  2. thegreytail says:

    good luck to DH! 🍀🍀🍀 that won’t be fun, but watching him ramble when he wakes up will be! 😀
    I’m a member of the Hernias Club, I wonder what I would say if I had surgery.. hahaha!!
    I really like this zodiac club you’re working on, I must restrain myself from getting it though. I can’t handle one more club! 😀

    • The 2nd 35 Years says:

      Thanks! Yeah… Too many stitch alongs can be… Well, too much. This isn’t too bad though!

  3. Good luck to you & your DH; at least he isn’t violent like mine is after surgery! I once warned the nurse, she waved me off, then looked like she’d gone thru a bush backwards when she brought him back up to the ward, 90 minutes later than expected! Ha! Always listen to the other half 🙂

  4. I wish him a speedy recovery after his surgery ! Keep us posted and sending you all my very best 🙂
    *Lia

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s