WIP Wednesday — Celtic Banner

CelticBanner check in

You guys. I am so close to being done with this. I did hit a sticky wicket last weekend though. I think I have mentioned in the last few weeks that I am just so DONE with this one. To add to the frustration, a week ago Saturday I had been working on the right side knot bands. Because it is worked in an over-dyed Watercolour (Caron Collection – Black Forest), each individual stitch has to be stitched at once so that you get the continual variegation. I also have just enough (I think) to get me through to the end of the project. Normally the band goes quickly. I stitch three stitches to the left, two stitches down, three stitches to the right, and then four stitches down. Somehow, close to the top of the section I was working on, I stitched three stitches to the left, two stitches down, TWO stitches to the right, and then four stitches down. And didn’t realize it.

Since I have just enough of this color to get me through this project, I had to go back and pull out each individual stitch, and then re-stitch it correctly. It made me so grumpy, guys! I actually put the whole thing down for a week because I was so put out by it, and I had plenty of opportunity to stitch this past week. #FirstWorldProblems

Anyway, I’ve finally got both sides of the band completed for this section, so I got to “move the chains” to coin a football term. I re-set my QSnaps today, and I know this will be the last time I have to move them before I am done. W00t!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s