Wipocalypse, March 2014

IMG_20140302_123213

As you know from last month’s post, I had finished part 12 of Around the World. For comparison I took a picture of my progress on Part 13 (on the left). Those Puerto Rican roses! Oy! I’m almost regretting choosing to go that direction, but it seems a little too late to turn back. I’m committed. And with all the effort I’ve put into that segment, I wouldn’t go through and tear it out for spite’s sake, although LET ME TELL YOU. I would really like to.

Additionally, I now have 3.5 pages completed on the mystery project. It is really coming along! I’m itching for a new start, but am attempting to disclipine myself. I have enough to work on already!

Otherwise, the theme for this Wipocalypse is to share where we like to stitch. We live in an apartment so I don’t have my own space, per se, much as I would love to. I do have a corner sofa/chaise lounge in our living room with an Ott light over my head, and then a side table with my ORT jar, etc… Nothing exciting, but very comfie. Usually Ivan (our chihuahua) l jockey with the cat for position on my lap while I am stitching. I usually have a big bottle of Pellegrino and a glass on the end table, and usually make my slave my husband get me more when I run out. As such:

_20140316_105653

8 Responses to Wipocalypse, March 2014

1. typenstitch says:

That looks like a comfy spot to stitch! I also sit on the couch with a cat and/or dog and my Ott light! Your Around the World stitching is really beautiful! I’ve never tried anything with specialty stitches. Good for you!

2. Julie H says:

I’ve seen a couple of the Around the World pieces now and have to ask: is it labeled as such because of varying techniques/stitching styles or some other reason?

Yeah, I hear ya about the animals getting on your lap while stitching. My cats vie for my attention when I stitch.

• The 2nd 35 Years says:

Yes! It features 80 specialty stitches from around the world. Yvonne also provides the history of the stitch, as well as pictures of the stitch in use historically from that culture. It has been a lot of fun!

3. Rachel says:

How nice that your hubby brings you more Pellegrino! I stitch with fur babies too – they’re the best!

4. Barbara says:

I’ve never seen that Around the World piece, it’s quite stunning. And your couch looks comfy!

5. sharah says:

I think a comfy couch is the best stitching spot šŸ™‚